As a growing sustainable development organization, we are now providing adventure tours and safaris combined with volunteer projects in Uganda for people taking a gap year, career break, retirement or time out from education, employment or training. School, corporate and adventure expeditions for groups can be tailor-made to suit specific requirements.
Volunteer Vacations and Tour experiences Like No Other!
Travelling across Uganda, all our volunteer vacations and tours include a length of stay on at least one volunteer projects that we run giving you enough time to make a difference and get the full volunteering experience without compromise.
Then when your work is done, explore the wonders of the Pearl of Africa with Wanderlust Adventures our experienced local tour guides (a tourism arm of TAATA KIDS). You can also book a Full-Adventure Combo (Volunteer work+ Wildlife Safari) or book a Mini-Adventure Combo (Volunteer work+ Day safaris/tours).
After your project you will follow it up with an amazing weekend adventure tour with activities such as a 3 day wildlife safaris, white water rafting, bungee jumping, horse-back riding, rainforest trekking, sight-seeing tours, village-walks and so much more.
Adventures for change:
TAATA KIDS isn’t about adventures; it’s about being part of a community of like-minded people. Ordinary people, who want to do something extraordinary with their lives, make a difference in the world and new friends along the way. TAATA KIDS volunteer travel package is not just for enjoyment, It is a way for change.
Why Choose TAAAT KIDS?
Today a huge array of volunteering organizations is available for anyone who wants to volunteer abroad, especially in Africa. Each seem to offer volunteers the opportunity to go on the unique trip of a lifetime, yet some do not always operate in a way that is beneficial both to the individual volunteer and to the local community
TAATA KIDS is supportive of all volunteer opportunities which contribute to the goals of sustainabl
e development. However one of the main reasons we started our volunteer vacation program was to provide much-needed support services to people and communities that are largely ignored here in Uganda.
TAATA KIDS is focused on some of the most challenging issues faced by individuals and communities. We are small and therefore specific and focused on only a few communities so we can make a significant impact on improving their day to day life and empowering them to change their own future. We work with the communities directly and the projects are our own initiated projects that result from interviews with the villages themselves and at the moment operated by local development partners.
Often potential participants ask us to inform them why TAATA KIDS is a safe option for an ethical volunteering experience. The list below highlights why volunteers choose to go away with TAATA KIDS:
- Quality: Every week the staff at TAATA KIDS Uganda interviews its volunteers for feedback on their daily experiences and from those responses we make necessary adjustments to continually improve on the quality of your experience. We have on staff professionals who take pride in caring for your living accommodations and see to it that your experience with us is a positive one.
- Flexibility: Unlike some of the volunteer travel organizations around, we allow our volunteers to start on any date of the year and stay as long or as short as they like! The only exception is when TAATA KIDS has a specific project it has generated that has a stated start and stop deadline associated with it.
- Safety: We take safety of our volunteers seriously and thoroughly arrange everything with our projects before sending volunteers to the community. If we feel a certain area or a project is not safe we postpone the project until all safety concerns can be met. Our volunteers are responsible for securing their own travel and medical insurance before they arrive.
- Benefit to Communities: TAATA KIDS works directly with local communities in Uganda to ensure they get support directly from the volunteer participants. Part of your program fee will go directly to the projects, community, workers and coordinators to help them financially. A constant flow of volunteers means that these people and parts of communities are getting constant support both financially and personally.
- Quick & Personal: We work as a team and are always there to help you and answer your questions. We aim to reply to your e-mails within 6-8 working hours or less. You can also reach us by phone or leave a message to have a quick reply back to your queries. Our goal is to make sure you are completely comfortable before you leave for Uganda and while in Uganda.
- Respected: TAATA KIDS has been operating in Uganda since 2006 and from its humble beginning; it has grown into an organization with multiple projects around the country with projects in over 40 districts of Uganda and working alongside reputable international organizations.
- Reputable: TAATA KIDS distinguishes itself by having a proven track record of working with over 700 volunteers for safe, enjoyable, educational and fulfilling experiences.
- Service: All TAATA KIDS’ programs carry our standard support and services whilst individual, family & group programs offer tailor-made services to fit; be Volunteer combo or the Mini adventure combo & Full adventure combo that over cultural and adventure exploration weekends.
- Commitment: TAATA KIDS programs provides a long term solution to our villages. Over 85% of volunteer contributions are spent directly on the volunteer and adventure activities.